The demand for Cloud computing is rapidly growing in Pakistan. Companies are realizing it is expensive for them to maintain their own IT infrastructure.
PTCL, TallyMarks Cloud, Wateen Cloud, and Rapid Compute are the only Cloud hosting providers whose data centers are physically present within the boundaries of Pakistan. In order to help you select the best cloud hosting service, we have compiled a comprehensive list of important features that you should consider before making a decision.
- Sandboxing is a software management strategy that isolates applications from critical system resources and other programs. It provides an extra layer of security that prevents malware or harmful applications from negatively affecting your system.
- Micro-Segmentation is a method of creating secure zones in data centres and cloud deployments that allows companies to isolate workloads from one another and secure them individually. It’s aimed at making network security more granular.
- Two-factor authentication is an extra security check where a user has to provide another passcode using the provided key generator or encrypted App on their phone. Generation of random number every time as a second password makes systems impenetrable.
- Advanced threat protection is a security solution that would defend the data center against sophisticated attacks such as malware, ransomware and hackers. This system is a combination of threat protection systems and agents to correlate alerts and manage defenses.
- Endpoint detection and response is an emerging technology that addresses the need for continuous monitoring and response to advanced threats. One could even make the argument that endpoint detection and response is a form of advanced threat protection.
- SOC or Security operations centres is a facility that houses an information security team responsible for monitoring and analyzing a data center’s security position on an ongoing basis. The SOC team’s goal is to detect, analyze, and respond to cyber-security incidents using a combination of technology solutions and a strong set of processes.
- Web applications firewall filter and monitor HTTP request between your web application and public internet. For companies hosting their cloud application for customers this is a very integral security check. It typically protects web applications from attacks such as cross-site forgery, cross-site-scripting (XSS), file inclusion, and SQL injection, among others.
- Blockchain uses the data centre in a different manner. It does not use a central server, it is distributed among decentralized servers instead (hundreds, thousands or even hundreds of thousands of servers or computers). These are often referred to as nodes and master nodes. Every full node contains a full copy of the entire blockchain history.
- SIEM or Security Information and Event Management is a solution that aggregates and analyzes activity from many different resources across your entire IT infrastructure in a data centre.
Overview of Providers:
A semi-government body PTCL (Pakistan Telecom Company Limited) has one of the largest data centers in Pakistan in terms of size. They host data of government organisations and their own mostly.
The size and multiple locations of the data centre are where PTCL data centres excel. However, as with any government organization, bureaucracy and red tape is the norm which means that working with PTCL can be hectic due to unnecessary paperwork and slow human processing of requests.
A private organisation having its data centre in Pakistan. They provide IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) for Enterprise Cloud application with complete Managed Services and Disaster Recovery Services. Their vast experience in implementation of enterprise applications in SAP, Qlik and Oracle gives them an edge in Initial Setups, Migrations and Support services.
As a private company, you can sign a Service Level Agreement with them which opens doors to negotiations and saves the client a lot while not compromising on costing.
Wateen private company have launched their data centre after years of experience as one of the leading internet providers. They have experience in Implementation and managing ERP system of telecommunication of their own company. However, Wateen support team has recently conveyed that they do not provide data center services even though they have an operating webpage.
Rapid Compute is a company by Cybernet. Cybernet is an ISP provider in Pakistan with years of experience in the management of ISP server. Some solutions provided by RapidCompute such as Call Center, VoIP and others are outstanding. They also offer Enterprise Class public cloud computing platform.